Thursday, October 14, 2021

31 Days of Magic & Mayhem, Louisa Bacio #newrelease

Would the temperature in the house drop 30 degrees without anyone touching the thermostat? What makes a child's toy "talk" without anyone pressing the button? Things like that make Louisa Bacio question what goes bump in the night.


 When do you put up Halloween decorations? Any rules in the house?

 

We always keep a few spooky decorations up. We have an inflatable Jack Skellington that’s like 10 feet tall that only goes up outside on Halloween. This year we bought an Oogie Boogie that’ll join him, but he’s under four feet tall. 

 

What's your favorite Halloween tradition/decoration/memory?

 

Mine are split. Growing up, I loved going out with my cousins when I was little. As I got older, one Halloween my high school friends and I dressed as Gem and the Holograms. We each did our hair a different color and carried the doll (borrowed from my younger cousins).

 

As a mom, it’s spreading that joy to my family, and we go to the special event at Disneyland. It’s one place where you get to dress up, collect candy (or other snacks) at “treat stations” and not be judged! Watch out for those leftover apple slices at the bottom of the trick-or-treat bag!

 

Have you ever had a paranormal/ghostly experience? Can you share a little about what happened?

 

I feel or sense more than I see ghosts. A few days after my Papa (grandfather) died, I had a complete conversation with a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers toy. He lived five houses away from us, and my youngest was only a few months old. The toy was battery-operated and started going off. I asked it questions, and it responded. Right when I said, “This is ridiculous. I’m just talking to a doll. It’s not you,” the clock on the cable box reset … numbers scrolling to 0000 until it blinked back to normal. Coincidence or supernatural?

 

Stuff like that happens all the time. 

 

What do you think goes *bump* in the night?

 

What have I been reading? Seriously, I believe in the power of fiction and nonfiction. I was a teenager when I first read Anne Rice’s “Interview with a Vampire,” and I swore that if I looked out my second story window at night, a vampire would be hovering there. 


*~*~*~*


Sea Mage

The Nightshade Guild, Book 10

Louisa Bacio

 

Never stand down

 

Serena Moon treats life like a beach goer taking in the ocean’s tide. It’s all serene until you turn your back for a second, and an errant waves knocks you on your ass. 

 

Know when you’re in over your head

 

When she’s entrusted with the safekeeping of the child elven queen, she enlists the help of mysterious — complete understatement— Peder, leader of the shifter sea dragons. Serena’s not sure what’s happening off the coast of SoCal but he’s got his own tricks. 

 

It’s gotta be safe

 

It’ll take more than magic and mastery of the sea to take on the evil darkness determined to capture the world’s salvation. Serena and Peder must conquer unknown enemies and the complexity of love everlasting to save their hearts.


Available now #free on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon.


Find Louisa Bacio online:


Website http://www.louisabacio.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/louisabacio

https://www.facebook.com/Louisabacioauthor/  

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/louisabacio

Instagram: http://www.Instagram.com/LouisaBacio

 



2 comments: