Friday, December 4, 2015

Flash Fiction #ThursThreads 4X Winner!


I needed this!

Celebrate each success! Often, I act as a cheerleader for other writer-friends. We all go through self-doubt. Every acknowledgement adds to the well of good wishes. I have to give special thanks to author Siobhan Muir who every week offers a flash fiction challenge, #ThursThreads.

Yesterday, as I often do on a Thursday, I looked at the prompt first thing in the morning, and then went about my day. It ended up a bit crazier than usual: drop-off and pick up of my teen daughter at a “shadow day” at her high school of choice for next year; trip to the dermatologist for her, lunch and the “cool” mall near the doctor’s office because, you know, we were close.

We returned home half an hour before the tutor arrived, and during their session I stole some time to write my entry. Actual writing/editing time was less than 45 minutes. Sound fast? Too long? I have no idea how long others spend on the flash entries. Some days, I can write it early and tweak it a few times through the day before eventually posting.

The characters – Sam and Johnny – have lived with me for a few years now. They first surfaced in the full-length novel Sex University: Physical Education, which was recently re-edited and re-released, and I’m working on their story.

Before I spout on too much, here’s a link to the winning entry. Congratulations to all who entered, and to the honorable mentions.


If you’re interested in reading more about Sam and Johnny first meet, including a sexy voyeuristic scene, here’s the info on Physical Ed. Hopefully, you’ll be reading more soon, which means I better get to work!

Physical Education


Tired of sexual norms and wanting to expand her pleasure, Amanda “Mandi” Wilkinson enrolls in summer school at San Francisco Sex University, an exclusive sex school located in the heart of San Francisco. What Mandi doesn’t realize is that not all the mysterious drop-outs are simply flunking sex-ed.

Reed McAllister came to Sex U. for reasons all his own. Undercover, he’s searching for a woman, the right woman, and so far he doesn’t have any leads. Reed never saw himself working at a place such as SFSU, let alone instructing, but he had to admit it – the job did come with its perks.

When Mandi turns up on the missing list, will Reed be able to save her and give her the lessons she so desires?  

Available now via Amazon, ARe, RAB, Smashwords and soon at other eRetailers.


No comments:

Post a Comment