Sunday, December 9, 2012

Favorite Blissemas Holiday Songs



What a time of year for a little bit of bliss! I'm thrilled to be part of Blissemas 2012! See details below on how to enter to win a Kindle Fire. Here's a look at some of my favorite holiday songs!

5.) “Christmas Wrapping” – The Waitresses. An ’80s classic, and yes, they spelled it “wrapping” back then. These days, it would be shortened to “rapping.” If you haven’t heard it, hit iTunes.

4.) “Mele Kalikimake” – Chris Isaak. Really, who am I kidding? I love his entire Christmas album and he features many of these songs. His “Blue Christmas” makes me swoon. Have I mentioned I’ve seen him almost a dozen times in concert? Yes. *Blush*

3.) “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” – Christina Aguilera. The songstress absolutely soars on this merry making tune.

2.) “Blue Christmas” – Female vocals. This song’s been redone so many times, but in my mind, it’s always a sad female voice, and I imagine the cartoon of her leaning against a window with a gigantic tear sliding down her face. Although, the ultimate classic remains Elvis.

1.) “Last Christmas” – Wham U.K. – Yes, I also own the Glee rendition, and it’s one of my 5-year-old daughter’s favorites. Quite ironic to have a song from my high school years redone. Extra kudos go to George Michaels’s highlighted hair in the video, and his “breathy” vocals.

*~*~*~*


Here’s a look at a new release:

The Vampire, The Witch & The Werewolf 4: The Wolfe Pack

Silver Ashe can’t let go of the desire to find her birth father and the urge to join a pack. Against the wishes of her brother, Trevor, and her vampire-lover, Nick, Silver leaves New Orleans for the woods of Louisiana.
As the guard and a dominant member of the Wolfe Pack, Viktor isn’t too sure of the city-dwelling stranger who comes trespassing. With the lack of female werewolves, Viktor soon sees Silver as a potential mate. Too bad she’s already spoken for by a bloodsucker.
             Trapped between worlds, Silver’s faced with choosing between the lover she’s known most of her life, and the budding relationship with Viktor, where her future may lay. It’ll take some sweet talking and a whole lot of loving for Silver to find her place within the pack.

Available now via Ravenous Romance, Amazon, Barnes&Noble and other eRetailers. 

You could win the Blissemas Kindle Fire! Simply leave a comment on this blog  with a valid email address and all the others listed at blissemas.co.uk and for each comment you'll win an entry into the draw! Please note only one comment per person per blog will be counted. Please check out http://blissemas.co.uk for terms and conditions. 

** Those who leave a comment on my blog, will also be entered to win an electronic .pdf copy of a book from my backlist.

Tell me: What's your favorite holiday song?

Thanks so much for visiting, and may you have a joyous season!

Until next time,

Louisa Bacio


14 comments:

  1. Looks like a most yummy Christmas to me checking out all of those Blissemas stories - Happy Holidays, Louisa:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite Christmas song has to be Whams -Last Christmas such a great tune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not Christmas unless I hear Do They Know It's Christmas by BandAid at least once.

    drainbamagedg.gyzmo at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, last year it was I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas and my smarty husband had me a shirt and blanket made with a hippo on it. So, this year, I'm trying to find a song that says I want a 3 carat diamond! I'm still searching! Thanks!
    hschrock24112 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Christmas songs! There so fun and festive! I have two favorites, i like Silent Night and a White Christmas. :) Thanks for sharing!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. White Christmas Not too many I like after all these years.. Must be since it is my birthday as well. who knows.. Thank you for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Run, Run, Rudolph by Bryan Adams is fun as is All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey. Many of the old classics have a soft spot in my heart too. Great question and wishing you a very Happy Holiday!

    joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ring Christmas Bells specially the Trans-Siberian orchestra version.
    bituin76 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since I seem to be from a earlier generation my choices may be dated but I like Brenda Lee's Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree and Elvis' Blue Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this funny little quirk when it comes to music. It's called CRS! I know it's my favorite when I hear it, then I'll ask 'who sings this', someone will tell me and 5 minutes later I've already forgotten! I drives my husband crazy! He swears I do it on purpose....*laughs*
    Thank you so much
    Sebrina_Cassity at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always loved "White Christmas", it just puts me in the mood.
    cthrn dot lmnsk at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too, I love Last Christmas by Wham. The song is playing non stop already :)

    rosemchallen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chris Issak... what's not to love? His voice *sigh*!! And Last Christmas is one of my all time favorites, too - much to my family's disgust, I know all the words and sing-a-long.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like jingle bells.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete