Friday, February 28, 2014

Being Influenced with Missy Jane


Are you a bad influence, or have you had a bad influence lately? I used to think I only paid attention to good influences, but I’ve learned it’s all a matter of perspective. There was a time when I didn’t say words like sex out loud. I wouldn’t even let my husband tell me dirty jokes. I also didn’t read romance novels. I used to stick strictly to Horror and Fantasy. But then I started writing and a friend introduced me to Paranormal Romance. Next I went to a conference and met a ton of romance authors and publishers. That’s when I realized there was a whole other world out there, in the literary sense.

I guess you could say I was seriously influenced at that time to change my stripes a bit. I took a Fantasy book I was writing and infused it with romance. I started reading Erotic Romance and learned dirty jokes to tell my husband. I changed into a different reader, and will never go back. Of course, I still read Horror and many other genres. But now that I’ve learned about Romance, I doubt I’ll ever stop reading it.

In my newest release, Annie is a shy, quiet twenty-something who sticks to what she knows. She’s taken aback when the sexy neighbor across the street shows interest in her, but Rick doesn’t want to take no for an answer.

Here’s the blurb:
Erotic Influence
Missy Jane
Sequel to Erotic Images.

Annie may be a shy twentysomething who spends her days keeping track of her wayward teenage sister, but Rick noticed her living across the street as soon as he moved in. Now he can’t stop fantasizing his sweet, innocent neighbor and wanting her has become an obsession. He just has to convince her to give him a chance instead of always running away.

Annie has plans for her life but has to help her sister get into college first. Then Rick comes along and proves to be a help as much as a distraction. All she has to do is pose for his friend, an erotic photographer. Not only will she earn the money needs for her sister’s college fund, Rick’s erotic influence just might liberate her enough to become his woman too. It’s a chance she’s more than willing to take…so long as no one finds out what she’s doing.

A Romantica® contemporary erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave

This is a sequel, but you can still read it as a standalone novel, as the characters just know each other. I had a blast writing this book and have already started on a third. I hope you enjoyed learning about it.
You can read an excerpt and buy it here: http://www.ellorascave.com/erotic-influence.html

Ms. Missy Jane is the alter ego of a married mother of four who was born and raised in Texas. A few years ago she finished reading a book by Mercedes Lackey and thought "Now, what if..." and a monster was created. Missy now spends most of her time lost in worlds of her own making, alternately loving and hating such creatures as vampires, shape-shifters and gargoyles (to name a few). When not writing, she spends her time reading, taking photos of her beautiful daughters and training her husband to believe she's always right.

Excerpts from Missy's paranormal and erotic tales can be found at http://www.authormissyjane.com and http://msmissyjane.blogspot.com/.
Missy can also be found online at:

No comments:

Post a Comment