Friday, February 22, 2013

Ménage Romance Fan’s Awards


Today, please welcome a special guest – the woman behind Mary’s Ménage Whispers. She’s a ménage author’s best friend … Mary’s here to day to talk a little bit about her love of the genre, and this year’s inaugural Ménage Romance Fan’s Awards.  Information on voting is at the end.

What is your favorite type of ménage?

Multiple men, one women. Straights or bisexuals. Brothers or not.

I like variety so all combination works for me as long as LOVE = SEX = LOVE = PLOT is respected. I like to have all of this equally mixed. When I find the four ingredients equally shared, then I am totally hooked

Why did you decide to host this contest this year?

I am not really looking at other reviewer's site, but I would be completely blind if I did not notice that they are hosting contests for erotic authors. I checked a couple and always noticed that the ménage authors had one category versus tons for the MF. Some either put one category for MM and MENAGE and BDSM, calling it "kinky." It is indeed kinky, but each are totally a distinct genre.

I wish also to explain to readers who never read an erotic ménage romance that this genre is not about orgy or gang bang. It is about love and freedom to explore a sexuality with care and respect. This is not for nothing that we associate romance with ménage. This contest will also list tons of authors in 22 different categories... 22! What a way to show that this genre is not limited!

I also have been reading in the ménage genre since 2006 exclusively. You can call me a real fan of this genre. I love to read it, but I also love to promote it. It is like sharing my best pie's recipe to someone. I cannot wait to hear that they loved it and want some more. mmm what can I say, I love to share! Lol

I also thought it was a great challenge, a great way to put some spotlights on ménage authors and just have fun.

Wow, 22 categories. That's an amazing diversity. What do you hope to achieve with the contest?

Probably to make sure that none of the ménage authors will ever stop writing ménage when they notice their fans coming out of their closet and tell them how much they love their stories?

I am a selfish woman, you know. I want to have my fill of weekly ménage romances new releases! There is nothing that pleases me more than to find a list of new ménage novels newly published.

At the end of the day, I want this genre to be known, tested and become an addiction to new readers

Make sure to vote in the 2013 Ménage Romances Fan’s Awards. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEJGS09ZYXJ2VDd5NDBVc09yOVJ5M0E6MQ Voting ends February 28, and the winners are announced March 1.

Hint. Hint: If you don’t notice … The Vampire, The Witch & The Werewolf: The Wolfe Pack, book 4 of my erotic paranormal series, is up for Best Vampire Ménage … and I’d love your vote!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Louisa for this kind invitation on your blog! I wish you the best of luck for the Awards!!!

    Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, you are awesome! Thank you for putting together the Fan's Choice awards! I really enjoy reading and writing menages, though not exclusively. LOL Thank you for all of your support!

    And thank you for hosting Mary, Louisa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica -- Thanks so much for stopping by. I can't imagine how much work it took for Mary to host this contest, so I'm very thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,nice blog. I just built my first one.I am trying to learn how to write good posts and your posts are a good guide.
    Burun Estetiği
    Burun Estetiği

    ReplyDelete