Welcome to day 2 of the Paws with a Cause Blogger's Event! Today, please welcome Micah Persell
My children are the light of my life. My oldest is our sassy one. When she wants something, she really wants it. If we tell her “No,” a temper tantrum is sure to ensue. My youngest is the center of my joy. 90% of the time, she must be touching both Mom and Dad. The ways she contorts her body to accomplish this feat never cease to amaze us.
Penny Lane, our Yorkie
My children are dogs—the canine kind, not the “You’re a dirty dog” kind. Penny Lane and Abbey Road came into our lives as a wedding present and Valentine’s Day present, and because of that, they represent the beginning milestones of our lives together.
Abbey Road, our Frenchie
Our pups have taught us a lot about how my husband and I should love each other. It doesn’t matter what we do—snap at them when they yip incessantly, push them away when they try to give too many sloppy kisses—less than thirty seconds later, one of them will nudge our arms aside and burrow into our laps, gazing at us with idol worship in their chocolate-brown eyes, and we’re reminded that love—the dog kind—should be strived for in love of the human kind.
My next book, Emma: The Wild and Wanton Edition from Crimson Romance, is available everywhere e-books are sold on April 8, 2013. When I was in my master’s program, I found particular delight in driving my professors to madness by imagining the characters’ salacious untold stories during class discussions of “serious literature.” It was this affinity that led me to pursue writing Emma: The Wild and Wanton Edition, my third published novel, which explores the sensual scenes readers of Emma have been imagining between Austen’s lines since 1815.
Micah Persell is the award-winning author of the paranormal romance series Operation: Middle of the Garden. She holds a bachelor’s degree in English and a double master’s degree in literature and English pedagogy. She is an avid reader of all types of literature, but has a soft spot for romance. She currently teaches high school language arts classes in Southern California where she lives with her husband, two dogs, and two cats.
Catch up with Micah on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, or check out her website for a special sneak peak of both of her paranormal releases, Of Eternal Life and Of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.
Grand Prizes & How to Enter
- We will have 4 winners for the main giveaway.
- We have 2 $65 gift certificates to any online bookstore.
- Also we have 2 huge boxes of books and swag from Romance Book Junkies and Bitten by Paranormal Romance for U.S. residents only.
We have a total of 59 blogs that have gotten together to help raise money for a great cause. There are going to be some awesome prizes up for grabs for people that donate money to the cause. Here is a little about the company that we are raising the money for:
Paws With A Cause® enhances the independence and quality of life for people with disabilities nationally through custom-trained Assistance Dogs. PAWS® increases awareness of the rights and roles of Assistance Dog teams through education and advocacy. Founded in 1979, Paws With A Cause is dedicated to helping its clients who are challenged by many disabilities, such as Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Seizure Disorders, and Hearing Disorders to name just some. Each of our dogs are trained to meet the specific needs of our clients. Tasks may include opening and closing doors, picking up objects, pulling a wheelchair, turning lights on and off, and alerting a person to particular sounds like a telephone, doorbell, smoke detector and many others. Our dogs change lives by enhancing the independence of our clients. By just opening a door, a dog opens up the world for a person with a disability and your donations will go to making that happen. PAWS thanks you so much for your donation and allowing us to open more doors.
Paws With A Cause
4646 South Division
Wayland, MI 49348
How to donate:
2. Click on "Make a Donation"
3. Enter an amount you wish to donate. Everibbon will add a small fee to your donation for processing. My fee for donating $5.00 was .49 cents. So keep this in mind when deciding your donation amount. You will receive 1 entry into the giveaway for every $1 you donate.
4. In the box that says "on the behalf of" please put your name. This is the name that will be listed on the Everibbon website so put a name you do not mind being visible to everyone. Do not check the box to make an anonymous donation because I will not be able to track your donation to enter you into the giveaways.
5. Next it will ask you for your credit or debit card information.
6. Then it will ask for your email address to send you a receipt. This is so that you can submit it for tax purposes.
7. Ta Da! Your all done making your donation. Now you need to contact Danielle to enter the giveaway.
8. Please email Danielle at RomanceBookJunkiesDanielle@Yahoo.com with the name you used to donate your money. For example the name I used to donate on behalf of was Romance Book Junkies. Do not send me your name off your credit or debit card because I will not be able to see this. Along with the name you used please tell me how much you donated and if you live in the U.S. or are International.
9. You’re all done. Thank you for donating!
Warning: Do not try to email Danielle the name and donation amount of another person that is not yourself. If Danielle receives more than one email with the same person’s name and donation amount she will have to ask for your copy of the receipt from everibbon to verify that you are the correct winner. Thank you.
If you haven't already, visit Friday's post for a chance to win a $10 donation to Paws with a Cause, and come back tomorrow to visit Kim Carmichael and her pet!