At GayRomLit in October 2012, I happened upon meeting Silvia Violet in person. Such a warm and creative soul, I can fully imagine the story of how she met her dog.
My daughters and I had wanted a dog for years. My husband was leery of the added responsibility, but the girls and I finally decided we were going on an all out campaign to convince him we needed an animal companion in our lives. After six months of making our case including both girls writing up their reasons for wanting a dog and presenting them to him, we finally convinced him, and last June we went to a local shelter in search of a dog.
We knew we wanted a small or medium-sized dog and generally had in mind something beagle-ish. Then we walked in and saw Arlo. He was so cute, and he was struggling with all the might in his eight pound body to get out of his cage and play with us. We all thought he was ridiculously adorable, but I assumed he was a puppy, and while I was ready for the responsibility of a dog, a puppy was more than I was up for. Then I read the note on his cage. “One year old Chihuahua Dachshund mix. Good for walks.” We wanted a dog that would enjoy hiking with us. He certainly looked energetic, but could such a little guy really go on a long walk?
|Silvia Violet's Shelter Love, Arlo|
We decided to get to know Arlo a little better so we took him to one of the rooms where you can play with the dogs before making a decision about adoption. He was sweet and cute, and fun and while we never imagined getting such a small dog, we knew he was the one. We discovered that he could indeed go on a long walk. In fact, he has more stamina than most of the rest of us.
I’m so thankful we went to the shelter that day and found our sweet pup. He has enriched our lives immeasurably!
Silvia Violet writes erotic romance and erotica in a variety of genres including sci fi, paranormal and historical. She can be found haunting coffee shops looking for the darkest, strongest cup of coffee she can find. Once equipped with the needed fuel, she can happily sit for hours pounding away at her laptop. Silvia typically leaves home disguised as a suburban stay-at-home-mom, and other coffee shop patrons tend to ask her hilarious questions like "Do you write children's books?" She loves watching the looks on their faces when they learn what she's actually up to. When not writing, Silvia enjoys baking sinful chocolate treats, exploring new styles of cooking, and reading to her wickedly smart offspring.
Two cops walk into a bar. Mason, the bartender, waits for the punch line, because no way in hell are these ridiculously hot men real cops. They’re straight out of a cop-fetish fantasy. But he quickly learns that Jack and Gray are the real deal, and they want him in the worst way.
What starts as a night of hot, three-way sex becomes a lot more. The two cops fulfill Mason’s submissive fantasies, but they also meet a more basic need, comfort. They want to take care of Mason, to offer him unconditional friendship, but their concern for him unnerves Mason more than even the kinkiest sex.
To find happiness with his new partners, Mason must change his belief that love is as much a fantasy as a pair of gorgeous, handcuff-wielding cops landing in his bed.
Fitting In by Silvia Violet
Grand Prizes & How to Enter
- We will have 4 winners for the main giveaway.
- We have 2 $65 gift certificates to any online bookstore.
- Also we have 2 huge boxes of books and swag from Romance Book Junkies and Bitten by Paranormal Romance for U.S. residents only.
We have a total of 59 blogs that have gotten together to help raise money for a great cause. There are going to be some awesome prizes up for grabs for people that donate money to the cause. Here is a little about the company that we are raising the money for:
Paws With A Cause® enhances the independence and quality of life for people with disabilities nationally through custom-trained Assistance Dogs. PAWS® increases awareness of the rights and roles of Assistance Dog teams through education and advocacy. Founded in 1979, Paws With A Cause is dedicated to helping its clients who are challenged by many disabilities, such as Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Seizure Disorders, and Hearing Disorders to name just some. Each of our dogs are trained to meet the specific needs of our clients. Tasks may include opening and closing doors, picking up objects, pulling a wheelchair, turning lights on and off, and alerting a person to particular sounds like a telephone, doorbell, smoke detector and many others. Our dogs change lives by enhancing the independence of our clients. By just opening a door, a dog opens up the world for a person with a disability and your donations will go to making that happen. PAWS thanks you so much for your donation and allowing us to open more doors.
Paws With A Cause
4646 South Division
Wayland, MI 49348
How to donate:
2. Click on "Make a Donation"
3. Enter an amount you wish to donate. Everibbon will add a small fee to your donation for processing. My fee for donating $5.00 was .49 cents. So keep this in mind when deciding your donation amount. You will receive 1 entry into the giveaway for every $1 you donate.
4. In the box that says "on the behalf of" please put your name. This is the name that will be listed on the Everibbon website so put a name you do not mind being visible to everyone. Do not check the box to make an anonymous donation because I will not be able to track your donation to enter you into the giveaways.
5. Next it will ask you for your credit or debit card information.
6. Then it will ask for your email address to send you a receipt. This is so that you can submit it for tax purposes.
7. Ta Da! Your all done making your donation. Now you need to contact Danielle to enter the giveaway.
8. Please email Danielle at RomanceBookJunkiesDanielle@Yahoo.com with the name you used to donate your money. For example the name I used to donate on behalf of was Romance Book Junkies. Do not send me your name off your credit or debit card because I will not be able to see this. Along with the name you used please tell me how much you donated and if you live in the U.S. or are International.
9. You’re all done. Thank you for donating!
Warning: Do not try to email Danielle the name and donation amount of another person that is not yourself. If Danielle receives more than one email with the same person’s name and donation amount she will have to ask for your copy of the receipt from everibbon to verify that you are the correct winner. Thank you.
If you haven't already, visit Friday's post for a chance to win a $10 donation to Paws with a Cause, and come back tomorrow to visit Jennifer Probst and Beth Yarnall and their pets!