I recently got a guinea pig as a pet. Okay let me change that, my family actually got four guinea pigs. We’d promised my son and daughter who are seven and nine respectively that we’d let them get two guinea pigs. So one guinea pig for my son and another for my daughter, that’s it, two. Yeah I know your probably thinking how did two turn into to four. Nope they didn’t have babies as they are all male and litter mates.
The kids held theirs and picked out the ones they wanted and there were two more left in the in the cage. Silly me, decides I want to hold one to. So I picked up one and yea….he looked at me. He looked at me and our souls connected. There was no way I was going to leave him. Then after just gazing up into my eyes he made the little guinea pig sound that I swore to my husband was him saying “Nikki don’t leave me.”
The rest was history and now we have four. Because I told my husband we couldn’t leave the other one as I would be lonely. You get the picture now? So now we have four. Mine is named Chupacabra. Wondering why I named him that, well on his left foot instead of three twos he has a fourth. Yep he has an extra toe. Besides the name Chupacabra is just cool. I call him Chupa for short and I love him. He comes to the cage to greet me, he lets me hold him and he talks to me.
Why is Chupa special? He’s special to me because he makes me smile and even on my worse days his little chattering makes me feel good.
* * * *
Demoted, Eva Jackson has had more than her share of lifetimes to play games with other people's emotions. Now, devoid of her powers, she’s left with the feeling that there’s something more she’s missing.
Temptation was the one thing that always stood in the way.
Clay Quinones, her demon lover of old, is determined that Eva will walk the straight and narrow and learn the error of her ways. When danger looms, is it too late for these two star-crossed lovers to love one another again? Or will Eva's past make it hard for a demon to be redeemed?
Where to find me:
Nikki Prince is a mother of two, who’s always had a dream to be a published author in the romance genre. Her passion lies in raising her children as readers, gaming, cooking, reading and her writing. Her mother can now breathe easy about the child who used to get in trouble because she was hiding books everywhere and reading when it wasn’t appropriate.
Nikki’s a multi-published author with several epublishing houses. She loves to write Interracial romances in all genres, but wants to let everyone know to not box her in, because there is always room for growth.
Nikki’s also a member of Romance Writers of America National chapter () and OCC/RWA local chapter () and is a member of the board as Co-Programs Director. She is also a member of the online chapter Passionate Ink RWA.
Will offer up a copy of Demon Mine the first in the Karmic Lust series. J
Blurb: Samael is a fallen angel doomed to repeat his life, and experience his love for Liliana Jackson, over and over again. That is until she finally remembers who she is and the reason for the curse that has befallen them both. Are they doomed to keep repeating the past? Or will there be a new future for the reincarnated lovers?
Grand Prizes & How to Enter
- We will have 4 winners for the main giveaway.
- We have 2 $65 gift certificates to any online bookstore.
- Also we have 2 huge boxes of books and swag from Romance Book Junkies and Bitten by Paranormal Romance for U.S. residents only.
We have a total of 59 blogs that have gotten together to help raise money for a great cause. There are going to be some awesome prizes up for grabs for people that donate money to the cause. Here is a little about the company that we are raising the money for:
Paws With A Cause® enhances the independence and quality of life for people with disabilities nationally through custom-trained Assistance Dogs. PAWS® increases awareness of the rights and roles of Assistance Dog teams through education and advocacy. Founded in 1979, Paws With A Cause is dedicated to helping its clients who are challenged by many disabilities, such as Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Seizure Disorders, and Hearing Disorders to name just some. Each of our dogs are trained to meet the specific needs of our clients. Tasks may include opening and closing doors, picking up objects, pulling a wheelchair, turning lights on and off, and alerting a person to particular sounds like a telephone, doorbell, smoke detector and many others. Our dogs change lives by enhancing the independence of our clients. By just opening a door, a dog opens up the world for a person with a disability and your donations will go to making that happen. PAWS thanks you so much for your donation and allowing us to open more doors.
Paws With A Cause
4646 South Division
Wayland, MI 49348
How to donate:
2. Click on "Make a Donation"
3. Enter an amount you wish to donate. Everibbon will add a small fee to your donation for processing. My fee for donating $5.00 was .49 cents. So keep this in mind when deciding your donation amount. You will receive 1 entry into the giveaway for every $1 you donate.
4. In the box that says "on the behalf of" please put your name. This is the name that will be listed on the Everibbon website so put a name you do not mind being visible to everyone. Do not check the box to make an anonymous donation because I will not be able to track your donation to enter you into the giveaways.
5. Next it will ask you for your credit or debit card information.
6. Then it will ask for your email address to send you a receipt. This is so that you can submit it for tax purposes.
7. Ta Da! Your all done making your donation. Now you need to contact Danielle to enter the giveaway.
8. Please email Danielle at RomanceBookJunkiesDanielle@Yahoo.com with the name you used to donate your money. For example the name I used to donate on behalf of was Romance Book Junkies. Do not send me your name off your credit or debit card because I will not be able to see this. Along with the name you used please tell me how much you donated and if you live in the U.S. or are International.
9. You’re all done. Thank you for donating!
Warning: Do not try to email Danielle the name and donation amount of another person that is not yourself. If Danielle receives more than one email with the same person’s name and donation amount she will have to ask for your copy of the receipt from everibbon to verify that you are the correct winner. Thank you.
If you haven't already, visit Friday's post for a chance to win a $10 donation to Paws with a Cause, and come back tomorrow to visit Kim Carmichael and her pet!