You might notice a huge vacuum of names from my list. Regrettably, you won’t find a sullen Cullen. I’m more of a Team Jacob, than Edward, and I haven’t been pulled into The Vampire Diaries, although I do appreciate EW’s recent threesome cover.
5) Michael, Lost Boys, Jason Patric – If you haven’t seen this classic 1987 film, it’s a must for vampire fans. To be able to run my fingers through those curls …
4) Armand, Interview with the Vampire, Antonio Banderas – That silky black hair. Traditionally, I’m not a fan of long hair on me, but I’d be more than willing to let Armand wrap those locks around my body and whisper illicit secrets in Banderas’ accent.
3) Louis, Interview with the Vampire, Brad Pitt – As an Anne Rice purist, I wasn’t pleased with the casting of Tom Cruise in the film. Pitt, though, with his pale skin, haunting eyes and troubled soul touched the heart of many viewers. With rumors of a new Lestat film in the works and the potential of Robert Downey Jr. as the lead, well, fingers crossed!
2) Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, James Marsters – Not to be confused with James Marsden, who’s just to all-American boy to be a vampire. Not only is his snarl extra sexy, bad boy Spike changed his ways for his love of Buffy. It’s one thing to play nice because of being cursed with a soul, and quite another to make that choice. Plus, I’ve seen Marsters sing live … and if you’ve read my blogs over this hop you’d know that the crooners make me swoon.
1) Eric, True Blood, Alex Skarsgard – Sorry, but I’ve never been much of a Bill fan. At 6’5”, there’s no getting around that Skarsgard is a heck of a lot of man. If I’m going to fantasize about a paranormal creature with god-like tendencies, then Skarsgard fits that description.
From my series, The Vampire, The Witch & The Werewolf, here’s how I see Lawrence.
Did I leave off anyone that you’d really like to see included? Agree with my selections? What’s your favorite trait for a vampire romance? Leave a comment and your email address to be entered into my contest for a backlist book, and See’s Gift Certificate. Grand-prize winners from this week’s hops will be drawn on Friday around 2 p.m. PST.
Don’t forget to visit the other stops on the Vampires for Valentine’s hop, which runs through Feb. 16.