Friday, November 18, 2011

Celebrating Chains of Silver Release & New Orleans Goodies

Thanks for celebrating the release of The Vampire, The Witch & The Werewolf: Chains of Silver with me. This book is particularly special since the story of Silver resonated since writing the first book in the series, A New Orleans Threesome. A few months ago, I wrote a post about her love interest Nick, and what a man! The book took a few twists, and hopefully you’ll enjoy it as much as I did writing it.

Giveaway info below, but first here’s a teaser:

The Vampire, The Witch & The Werewolf: Chains of Silver

Adopted at birth, Silver Ashe discovers her blood-brother Trevor Pack is a werewolf, with a vampire and witch for lovers. All her teachings about the evils of the paranormal Others come into question. She runs to a family friend, Nick, for help.

Nick Stake takes his hobby as a vampire hunter personally. He strives to rid the world of evil bloodsuckers. When his best friend’s “kid” sister comes to him for advice, Nick discovers Silver’s more than grown up. He battles his growing desire for Silver and blindly holds true to his convictions.

Once Silver reaches her sexual maturity, she’ll inherit her full genetic heritage and turn into a werewolf. When death comes calling, Silver and Nick must face their darkest fears in order to break free from the chains that bind.

Available now via Ravenous Romance

If you’re an Amazon-only reader … you’ll have to wait a few days.

In October, I visited New Orleans for the GayRomLit Retreat, and picked up a few goodies with this day in mind! Check out the edible yum-ness!

The Bag of Goodies
What's Inside the Bag! 
Contest Information: Over the next week, I’ll be taking part in The Romance Studio’s Thanksgiving Party (Nov. 19-22), and a Black Friday Blog Hop (Nov. 25). Leave a comment (and your email address) on my post today, or any of those and you’ll be entered into to win my Grand Prize, which is that New Orleans Goody Bag. The Black Friday Blog Hop is hosting a giveaway of an electronic reader ... so it's worthwhile! (I’ll also be giving away some other prizes, too, so stay tuned!) 

Price equivalent of the New Orleans Goody Bag is around $30 (and I’ll pay for U.S. shipping). (International entries are eligible for the gift certificates and electronic book giveaways, but after filling out custom forms the last week I don’t think I can ship food legally!)

For the next 24 hours, I’m offering up a $10 Ravenous Romance gift certificate for one commenter. (I’ll choose the winner at 5 p.m. PST on Saturday. I’ll be at an RWA board meeting in the morning, and will draw when I get back home.) The winner of my contests will be chosen via Random. org.

Goodreads: Finally, if you’re on Goodreads, I’d appreciate if you’d add Chains of Silver to your TBR list … pretty please!

So tell me, what do you think of when you think New Orleans?

Grazie!

8 comments:

  1. I guess I shouldnt input bc that would be cheating? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. No cheating, but you do have access to all those goodies! You can enter for the gift certificate, though! And, I know where to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Louisa, girl you know I love you, but I think might become a bit of a stalker of your books. I actually took a moment to read the premise---I'm normally a cover buy girl---and that story is one of my faves. You know, big brother friend falls for lil sis. Love it! Okay, give your goodies to a worthy, reader, but as soon as I turn in my book 3, I'm going to load up me ereader. Congrats on the new release! I hope they are as steamy as they sound. Woot! Para Ero forever!!! (Sorry, I kind of got wordy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, Rachel. You warm my heart. Thanks so much for the kindness and the kind words. I know what it's like to not be reading because a deadline looms. (Still haven't bought the new Stephen King novel for THAT reason -- smacks hand.) I really appreciate it! And no apologies needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, please enter me in all the drawings for which I'm eligible.
    What do I think of re: N.O.?
    Many things: the stiff coffee and powdery beignets at the French Market, the fresh, warm bread from the MacKenzie's bakery (in the 60s ... not sure if they still exist), the statue in Jackson Square. The French Quarter.
    I lived across the Lake from Jefferson parish and Orleans Parish for some 15 yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new release, if it's anything like the first I knw it's awesome! Can't wait to read it!

    New Orleans makes me think of yummy Cajun food, La Madeline, beignets and chicory coffee, beautiful old houses, the fun I had as a young'un on Bourbon St...and, of course, vampires!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeff and Rebecca, you two are thinking along the same line with beignets with coffee. And when it comes to New Orleans, how can you not? Yum! Ever try to make beignets at home? I bought one of the package mixes once but never had to nerve to try.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca,

    You're the official winner of the Ravenous certificate! I'll send you an email later!

    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete