We've got a sweet Friday treat for readers: A visit with Jess Macallan, and one of the heroes from Stone Cold Seduction, Jax. Got another question? Leave a comment and email address, and you'll be entered to win an electronic copy of her novel.
Character Profile: Meet Jaxon “Jax” West
Thanks so much for having me at your blog, Louisa! STONE COLD SEDUCTION, the first book in my Set in Stone series, is available now at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Diesel Books and Books on Board. Below is a sneak peek at one of the heroes, Jax, who also happens to be a gargoyle.
1. Where is your character from? Jax was born in Western Washington, but has spent the majority of his life in Seattle. He’s travelled extensively, but prefers living on the west coast.
3. How old is your character? Thirty-four.
4. What is your character called? Most people call him Jax.
5. What does your character look like? He’s six feet tall, and built like a martial artist—lean and muscular. He has short black hair and gray eyes, which change to silver if he’s upset or aroused. His normal attire is jeans and a plain T-shirt. In his gargoyle form, he’s incredible. His wings extend above his head by a few inches. When they’re fully extended, they reach more than seven feet in length. Needless to say, he goes through a lot of shirts. In either form, he gets a lot of attention.
6. What kind of childhood did he have? He was orphaned at the age of thirteen. His earliest years were great. His parents and grandparents were an important part of his life. Losing them was difficult, but he was given an opportunity to put his strength to work when the shadow elf king took him in.
7. What does your character do for a living? By day he works for Elle, the heroine of STONE COLD SEDUCTION. He makes deliveries for her organic bath and body product shop, and does handyman jobs. All of that is a cover for his real job, which the reader will learn about at the end of the book. *winks*
8. How does your character deal with conflict and change? Jax may not always like change, but he does what needs to be done without hesitation. He’s good at seeing the big picture.
9. Does your character have a romantic interest in anyone? Yes, he believes he’s Elle’s mate.
10. What is his temperament like? He’s quiet, but intense. Decisive, but not reactionary. Unless Elle is involved, then all bets are off.
Here’s an excerpt from STONE COLD SEDUCTION so you can get a taste of Jax and see why I love gargoyles…
“You are my true mate.”
My lips were still tingling, and my brain was fuzzy. “Jax, I’m not sure what that means.”
He didn’t answer, but instead pressed a kiss to my temple. And another to my cheek. Slowly, he nuzzled his way to my neck. I let my head drop to one side, giving him better access.
He whispered his approval, and lightly nipped at my neck. “It is a connection between souls. A bond determined by fate. I will show you what it means.”
His lips and tongue were doing a slow, erotic dance along the oh-so-sensitive skin down my neck, and coherent thought was impossible. He could show me whatever he wanted, as long as he didn’t stop.
I sighed, and Jax took that as acceptance. Before I knew what he was going to do, he’d scooped me up and was halfway up the stairs.
“Jax!” I yelped.
He stopped, but his muscles were vibrating with energy. He waited until he had my full attention before repeating, “I will show you. We are mates, connected in ways you and the phoenix will never be.”
His silver eyes were bright and intense. I could admit to having had many, many fantasies where he’d carried me upstairs, and all sorts of amazing things had happened. But this was real. And he was dead serious. It scared me, thrilled me, and seriously confused me.
When I didn’t respond, he lowered my feet to the floor and pressed me up against the wall in the narrow stairwell. His eyes held mine as he leaned close. “I will show you, so there are no doubts.”
Then he kissed me again, and this time, he held nothing back. Possession, need, and barely leashed control. Jax’s mouth told me more than words ever could. He leaned against me so our bodies were in full contact. Need burned through me. His taste, his touch, drowned out my worries. His scent surrounded me. He smelled crisp and clean. Like a sunny, winter day. But the heat he created inside me was intense. Just like the man himself.
Thanks again for having me here, Louisa. I love hearing from readers. You can find me at www.JessMacallan.com | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads