As I sit down to write this, I'm having to turn off my Internet access, and practically take Tweetdeck off my computer altogether. Why? Because a little hashtag called #romancekills is cracking me up, sucking my day away, and basically destroying my productivity one tweet at a time. What spawned this hashtag was a jive ass article about how reading romance melts women's brain, makes them unhappy in their god-fearing marriages, and basically is teh evil. Romance was an addiction they claimed. Like, y'know, porn.
I shan't provide a link. It was pseudo-science, religious-extremist drivel and not worth the pixels it was written on.
Anyhoo- the article got me thinking (once I was done steaming.) I considered how much emotional energy I happily wasted commenting and lambasting the article that I could have spent massaging my husband's feet or researching better ways to discipline my children. How many other time-sucks fill my day? Well, there are plenty. More than any good woman should be allowed. Here are just a few.
1. Twitter, and Tweetdeck in particular. It's like big fat lines of social networking crack.
2. Blogging- because it makes me think thoughts, write them down, and -worse than that- share said thoughts with other people.
3. Smut writing- I'm going to hell for sure. I hope they've got the good porn there.
4. Facebook- I hate it. I love to hate it. I try to love it. I feel guilty when I don't check it. Facebook is the devil.
5. Grooming- wait...I should probably spend more time on grooming, not less. But showers and stuff are so darned time consuming and take precious hours away from teh smut writing!
6. Firefly- there's really no reason to watch them again. What more could I glean?
7. INTERNET DRAMA- ooh, I loves me some big, juicy Internet drama. Especially when it's all hot and emotional, with an air of the forbidden. Yum!
8. Wait...have I mentioned Twitter?
9. And wine.
10. And UK Being Human-- but that's good wholesome entertainment!
What about you? What are your favorite addictions and time sucks? I can barely fill a top ten list! I need MOAR!